Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Multiply Size Sewing Patterns- How to use

Multiply size patterns for a beginner can be a bit intimidating, but at times they can really be great. In our family we have little girls from birth - age 10, so  being able to buy just one pattern to make around 4 sizes of an item can be a real money saver. But how do you use them? I have tried a bunch of things over the years and this is what I have found works best for me.

All you will need is the pattern, scissors, marker and tissue paper! ( just plan old gift tissue paper most dollar stores carry it) I used blue when I took these photos because that's what I had in the house, but white is easier to see.

Lay pattern under tissue paper then trace all marking & lines for the size you need. I like to start with size small and work my way up getting all the sizes done, that way the next time I need to use the pattern I will not have worry about doing this so I can get right to sewing :)


Once you have the whole pattern traced all that's left to do is cut. Super easy right!! I like to store all of the pattern pieces together in a gallon size zip lock bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment